You hardcore Mac-fanatics out there prolly already know the lowdown on the newest OS X on the block – Yosemite.
But for the benefit of those who are still in the not-in-the-know zone, here’s a quick rundown of what to get excited about in Yosemite once it becomes available for everyone’s downloadin’ pleasure later this year:
- Handoff – a neat new feature that allows you to begin your work on an iOS 8-powered device and finish it off on a Mac, and vice-versa. And this one I love – you can now also make or receive iPhone calls on your Mac too thanks to Handoff. Sweet!
- iCloud Drive – think Dropbox but for iCloud. Now, managing your files on iCloud is much easier
- Mail – the new Mail now lets you send large attachments with the introduction of Mail Drop. With Mail Drop, your recipients will receive a secure link so they can download the large attachment. Mail now also features Markup, a neat new treat that allows draw, write, etc on images
- Spotlight – the new Spotlight is now front and center on your desktop. Not only that, it’s also now more powerful, adding Wikipedia, Maps, Bing and a bunch of other sources to its search list
- Notification Center – a new Today view in Notification Center provides you with info on upcoming events, reminders, weather and a other pertinent info. Plus, you further customize it with widgets. Yup! Widgets is back on the Mac
Mac OS X Yosemite is scheduled to be release this fall as a – here’s the best part I like – free download at the Mac App Store.
So, which feature excites you the new most?
For me, it’s got to be Handoff. Answering both SMS and calls on the Mac, FTW!
How about you guys?
For more info, feel free to check out the full press release here.