Nokia formally launched last night their first dual SIM Lumia for the Philippine market. Girls and geeks, meet the Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM.
This here’s a 4.5-incher rockin’ a Qualcomm 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor underneath its signature Lumia hood, a 5MP cam (sans flash) ’round the back, 8GB of onboard storage, 512MB RAM, Bluetooth 4.0, 3.5G mobile data connectivity, an 1830mAh battery to power it while on the go and – here’s the sweet part – runs on Windows Phone 8.1 right from the get go, making this dual SIM treat one of the few (if not the only) handsets out now to run on the latest Windows Phone release.
SRP of the Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM is Php7,990, a pretty reasonable asking price if you ask me.
Its specs may not really impress, but its decent enough, especially at its price. Just don’t blame me if that 512MB RAM comes to bite you in the @ss later on if you do choose to get this one once it hits local retail stores.
And talking about availability, expect to find the Lumia 630 Dual SIM ready for retail in stores by May 30, giving more than enough time to save up for this Lumia.
For more info, check out the full press release below:
Lumia 630 Dual Sim available in the Philippines
Amazing value Lumia makes it cheaper and easier to connect with uncompromised smartphone experience
May 13, 2014 – PHILIPPINES The Lumia 630 Dual Sim with Windows Phone 8.1 will be available in the Philippines. The first Dual Sim Lumia smartphone delivers an unrivalled affordable smartphone experience, with quad-core processing and a ClearBlack 4.5” LCD screen at only Php 7,990 (SRP).
The Lumia 630 Dual Sim adds award-winning design and experiences found on high end Lumia smartphones to the leading personalization brought by Windows Phone 8.1:
- Seamless switching between two Sim cards helps people manage their social life, clearly separating calls and messages to make it cheaper and easier to connect on their own terms.
- A quad-core Snapdragon processor delivers fast, uncompromised social experiences with Word Flow, Internet Explorer and social apps like WhatsApp, WeChat and Instagram.
- The smartphone showcases a new matte polycarbonate design with changeable shells available in bold new colors bright orange, bright green and bright yellow, in addition to matte black and white.
- Better entertainment with Xbox games, Storyteller on the 4.5” ClearBlack screen, which offers better viewing angles and visibility in bright conditions.
- Integrated features including one swipe notifications from Action Centre, the new Microsoft Enterprise feature pack, Microsoft Office, OneDrive, Camera, and HERE Maps and Drive+, which work seamlessly to make the Nokia Lumia 630 Dual Sim a great tool for work and play.
- The new SensorCore also brings low power motion sensing to help people track their activity all day without using up the large 1830mAh battery – perfect for exercise and exploration using apps like Bing Health and Fitness.
- A wealth of storage is available, with memory expandable by up to 128GB using a SD card, allowing people to save and switch locations of pictures, videos, music, maps and apps with ease.
Karel Holub, General Manager, Philippines, Microsoft Mobile Devices Sales says “With high-end technologies and apps, a seamless Windows Phone 8.1 experience and the first ever Dual Sim Lumia empowering people to connect on their terms, we believe the Lumia 630 Dual Sim is undoubtedly the best smartphone in its affordable price range.”
Also available is the colorful Nokia MD-12 Bluetooth Speaker (SRP Php 1,990), which connects wirelessly using the new easy to use Device Hub app and plays for 15 hours and transforms almost any surface into big-sounding bass. It’s the perfect accessory to help people get the most from music, videos and games, and also functions as a convenient speaker phone on the go.
The Lumia 630 Dual Sim will be available in the Philippines from May 30, 2014 in a range of colors including bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, white and black.