If you’re a Nokia mobile phone user and makes use of their Mail for Exchange client as a business solution, then you might be interested to know that Nokia has released version 2.9.158 of their Mail for Exchange app.
Here’s a rundown of some of the new features you can expect in this latest version:
- Access Point Groups/Destinations (for S60 3rd Edition FP 2 and S60 5th Edition phones only) – Active automatic switching between WiFi and GPRS connections if Destinations is supported
- Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks are disabled by default on new installs to prevent users from inadvertently losing Calendar, Contacts and Task data
- Pictures in contacts are now synchronized
- All Mail for Exchange tabs are now always displayed
- Improved battery life in adverse network conditions. If it can’t maintain a connection to the Exchange Server, it will automatically switch to checking every 15 minutes. It’ll switch back to Always on at the next scheduled period
- When editing your Out of Office (OoO) message on the phone, Mail for Exchange retrieves the current OoO message from the server when the setting/tab is accessed and OoO is set to “Yes” as opposed to periodically which was the case in prior versions. This requires connectivity with the server and may cause a short delay
- You can now manage your device by name instead of by IMEI through Outlook Web Access (OWA) email client if allowed by account. OWA users can perform device management features on their phone clients
If you’re ready to update now, just click here and select the appropriate version for your Nokia mobile phone.
Note: Mail for Exchange is only available on S60 3rd edition running Nokia phones.